Thursday, July 10, 2014

Jewelry Hanger DIY

Hey there, Krista here!

A couple of weeks ago I finally had the time to make something I've been wanting to do since, well, a long time! It's very simple and very easy to do! (sorry for taking so long to post)

We have been collecting pallets for my mother-in-law to make some of the awesome pallet paintings (like one she made for Ian and I for a shower and the wedding)* and for Ian and I to do some home projects with.

Well, we have a lot of just small pallet pieces
that have already been taken off of the main pallet, so I finally got out my tool kit and got to work!

All you need is:
- pallet board of your liking (any length you want)
- hammer
- nail (to start the holes)
- pencil (to mark your spots)
- sand paper (I used a hand sander - non electrical)
- hooks of any shape/size & screws if needed
- hangy things (for the back - it'll be pictured)
- ruler (if you want things measured out just so like me)

All you need to do is sand the board until it's smooth to the touch, no longer rough. At this point you can paint it if you want, but I went without because I love the rustic feel of wood. Then after you've sanded and have made it nice and smooth, time to pick out where you want your hooks to be on your hanger. I just had regular gold hooks that I used for a majority of my hangers and also two random quirky ones. You can find tons of awesome knobs and hooks at Hobby Lobby, that's where I purchased all of mine.

Pick all of the spots out where you want your hooks to hang by using your ruler and pencil. If you don't want to use that, then don't, be crazy with your placing, it's going to come out awesomely either way!

Use the hammer & nail to then start the holes for your screws/hooks otherwise you will be there forever! Then just screw them in! Honestly not that hard, took me a while because I had to find a nail...but it was so worth it!

After your hooks are all screwed in and you've put everything just where you want it, you will have the front done! :)

Now, for the back, you have to add the little hangy things with teeth that help you mount your jewelry hanger to the wall. These came with my tool box, but you can get them at any hardware store. If you know the correct term, kudos to you, because I don't.


Now you are all ready to hang up your jewelry hanger and display all of your beautiful jewelry! :)


I hope you enjoy trying out this little DIY projcet :) I know I enjoyed being able to neatly display all my long necklaces and all my bracelets!

Have fun crafting!

XOXO
Krista 



*not pictured in blog

No comments:

Post a Comment