Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Smith Family Update Part 2: Surprise! Surprise!

So, I know I mentioned in the previous post that a lot has happened since the last time we've talked, well this is one of the bigger things that have happened since! Those that are family and friends of ours on FB, then you already know what this is about. ;) I never actually told the whole story, though, so that's what's going to be said here. So, just keep reading, and some of you, if you're like me, grab the tissues!!
 November 20, 2014 was a big day for me.

On that morning I woke up with an inclination to take a pregnancy test...so, as soon as I got myself out of the bed, I went to the bathroom and peed on that little stick (honestly wish there was an easier, less messy way, but anyway) and waited the 2 minutes. Those were the most agonizing 2 minutes EVER!

So, 2 minutes go by and I go back in the bathroom and check the little stick and I start crying hysterically (thankfully I was home alone when this happened) and Max (our pup) stared at me like I had gone mad, and I have no doubt that I probably looked like a mad woman, haha! I just couldn't stop crying I was so happy, we were going to have our first little one!!! All I could do is cry and pray thanks to God for this little miracle He had given us. All I've wanted to do was be a mommy and at that moment, I knew that dream was coming true!

Now I had to tell the hubs, but I wanted to make him a little gift bag, so I had to hold all this amazing information to myself for 3 days! I thought those 2 minutes were long....the 3 days were torture! On the day I planned to tell him, I ended up having to go to the urgent care clinic due to the fact that I was running a low grade fever and was having horrible sinus issues. Thankfully I knew that I was pregnant so I could get the meds that weren't harmful for the little one growing inside me.

After the doctor, while we waited for the meds to filled at the pharmacy, I had him let me run into a store to grab some vitamins (prenatals) and a few other things (his surprise gift). This was really hard to hide from him while riding in the same car, just saying! We finally get everything we need and head home, now I had to hide all this stuff and get it ready to surprise him with.

I can't remember exactly what day it was that I ended up surprising him, but I was home long enough to get the little gift ready. He comes in and saw the little gift on counter and dug into it. Sadly, I have no pictures of him opening it, but I can tell you this: there were tears :) As soon as he read the card, saw the stick (I wiped it off, don't worry) and saw the little outfit, he cried :')

We will be introducing our little one into the world this coming July! You should've seen the reaction of this little one's grandparents, now that was fun! ;)

Stay tuned for Part 3 of our update!

-Krista

"Delight yourself in the Lord, 
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment